So I have way too many Christmas containers out in my garage!!! I need to purge. I am learning to work with what I have and use simple and natural things to decorate with. Here are a few tips and postings from other blogs to help us go more simple with our Christmas this year:
- Decorating tips: http://yourcolorcoach.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/tasteful-holiday-color-schemes/#comment-739
- How about a clutter free Christmas for you and those you love: http://psychologyofclutter.wordpress.com/2007/10/25/clutter-is-not-a-gift/
- Don’t forget to volunteer. It will really bring a spirit of Christmas.
- This is an article from Australia however I think it is good to keep in mind anywhere you live. Environmental impact of Christmas: http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Have-an-environmental-Christmas-ACF/2005/12/14/1134500898300.html
- We have a relative who uses pillow cases for wrapping a gift. Saves on paper and can be reused.
- Top 8 Cheap Christmas Wrap Ideas: http://frugalliving.about.com/od/specialoccasions/tp/Christmas_Wrap.htm
- Don’t forget about the True Meaning of Christmas: http://www.christiananswers.net/christmas/home.html
- Make your own advent calendar: http://missleaman.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/advent-calendar/
- Make the Pledge to buy homemade this year: http://www.buyhandmade.org/
- Read Debt-Proof The Holidays by Mary Hunt
Feel free to add any other great Christmas blogs or sites.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…well maybe somewhere. So why isn’t the Christmas picture palm trees and sand instead of snow and fir trees? Wasn’t the first Christmas in the desert? 🙂
Debbie aka The Real World Martha